[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk freezing HELP

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Tue Dec 9 12:06:06 MST 2003

TeleSIP wrote:

>UPDATE:
>We were able to consistently reproduce this problem using a Grandstream
>phone with buggy firmware.
>
>Mark Spencer logged into our Asterisk and identified the issue.  He said it
>was a typo in an ast_mutex_lock.  After fixing it, the problem seems to have
>been solved.  We have now repeated about 100 calls and no lockup (with the
>buggy phone we were able to lock it up in under 7 calls).
>
>CVS should now reflect his fix.
>
>And by the way, do not use firmware > 1.0.4.18 on GS phones.  It contains a
>nasty SIP Port bug.
>
>Regards,
>Andres.

One bug I found on my GS ATA adapter.
I had it pointing to my * server for ntp.
I did not have ntpd running.
You could start a call, but during the call it would
do a ntp request.  The server was sending an ICMP message
back and then the adapter would terminate the call.
I fired up ntpd and all is well.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option