[Asterisk-Users] High residual CPU usage after hangup

Dave Kitchen dave.kitchen at insynctechnology.com
Tue Dec 9 11:49:04 MST 2003

I have an extension.conf which calls a sip phone and the console in
parallel.

exten => _1${EXT_BARRY},1,Dial,sip/${EXT_BARRY}&Console/dsp

This is done to use the console speaker as a load ringer for extension
${EXT_BARRY}
The process works, but while the call to Barry is active, and after its
completion, one process starts using about 99% of the CPU. I watch CPU
usage with 'top'.

My * is a CVS checkout of about a week ago, I am running kernel version
2.4.22 and the problem occurs on channels set up through sip or capi.

Anyone any ideas?
Dave Kitchen