[Asterisk-Users] IAX - peername or hostname /new subject/

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Dec 9 04:39:48 MST 2003

>>Yes, try using this instead:
>>
>>Dial,IAX2/username at peername/extension
>

> Hmm, thats a thought, but I thought peername would need to be a host ?
>
> Also, the nasty part is that specific portion from extensions.conf on the
> master server is generated, so I'd need to change the code for it.

Usually peername points to a [peername] section in the channel configuration.

For SIP, peername either points to a [peername] section in the Sip.conf file,
or to a host name (i.e. "fwd.pulver.com") that is looked up in the DNS.

I don't know if IAX accepts a host name as a replacement for peername.

To make it simple for the person managing the files, I usually have short names
when I mean a pointer to a definition - [myhost] and full host names with domains,
when that's what I want. To use a full host name as the name of a definition
in a configuration file have confused me too many times.

/O