[Asterisk-Users] chan_h323 readme file

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 8 21:35:50 MST 2003

Hello

I am getting ready to install chan_h323. Just updated my * with the latest
code from CVS (12/08/03). I was reading the Readme file and confused.

Quoted from the README

NOTICE: Whatever you do, DO NOT USE distrubution specific installs
of Open H.323 and PWLib. In fact you should check to make sure
your distro didn't install them for you without your knowledge.
Check everything out of CVS. If you dont know how to deal with cvs, learn.
Also, if you are not using the listed versions of Open H.323 or PWlib
you are on your own, sorry.

To compile this code:
You first need the latest release versions of PWLib and Open H.323 from
http://www.openh323.org/. Make sure you follow the build instructions
EXCPLICTLY.

Unquote

First para says that I should only use the listed versions of PWlib and open
h.323 (v1.4.11 and v1.11.7)

Then it says that I should use the latest release versions of PWLib and Open
H.323 (v1.5.2 and v1.12.2.)

I've read Wi-Ki and many other places that Chan_H323 use open h323 v1.11.7,
but wondering whether JJ has made some changes lately :)

What should be the correct way ???

Thanks

SW