[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Asterisk servers sharing/propagating registry ?

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Mon Dec 8 14:47:07 MST 2003

Dear all,

I'd like to know if there is a way for multiple asterisk servers to
share a common SIP and/or IAX registry.

The setup I imagine would be something like :
- several asterisk servers called sip1.isp.com, sip2.isp.com, ...
- a DNS alias sip.isp.com pointing to all the addresses (thus
  providing a round robin resolution on each server)
- each SIP client would register with sip.isp.com (thus ending on a
  random asterisk servers)
- but after that, all the servers would be "aware" of the
  registration. Thus any asterisk server would know how to route a
  call to SIP/<some registered user>

Same thing for IAX peers.

Of course, setting up various IAX links between each server is no
problem (with registration cascading, for instance).

Is such a setup common, if at all possible ?

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive