[Asterisk-Users] Problems with voicepulse.com

Darnell Gadberry darnell at binmedia.com
Mon Dec 8 14:32:10 MST 2003

Greetings,

I have been experimenting with Asterisk for a few weeks and finally
decided to
take the plunge and purchase a few DIDs for inbound calling. Our
attempts at
IAX/IAX2 connectivity with VoicePulse have been less than successful.
We get
"Registration Refused" errors from Asterisk whenever we launch the
server. The
front-line support folks at VoicePulse suggested that we are trying to
use IAX instead
of IAX2 as the protocol. I have pasted the exact error message (with
account info deleted)
and their recommended configuration files below.

Any and all assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

- darnell gadberry
   binaryMedia

_____________________

Error message from Asterisk

> Dec  4 22:31:33 NOTICE[1116941120]: File chan_iax.c, Line 4188
> (socket_read): Registration of '<secret account number>' rejected:
> Registration
> Refused

Sample configuration files

Assuming the following is your login information:

Host: gw5.voicepulse.com
Login: aBcdEfgH
Password: iJKLmNoP
Context: VPWS

Example extensions.conf:

[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no

[default]
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial,IAX2/aBcdEfgH at voicepulse/${EXTEN}

[voicepulse-incoming]
; This context tells Asterisk what to do with
; incoming calls from VoicePulse (if you have signed
; up for DIDs
;
; We should now hear a "congratulations" recording
; on incoming calls to our VoicePulse phone number.
; Once we know that's working, we'll change this to a
; "Dial" statement (or something else depending on our
; needs).
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Playback(demo-congrats)
exten => h,1,Hangup
exten => i,1,Hangup
exten => t,1,Hangup

[voicepulse-outgoing]
; This is the context you should send outgoing calls to.
; Watch line-wrapping -- each "exten" should be one line
; with no returns in the middle.
;
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial,IAX2/aBcdEfgH at voicepulse/${EXTEN}
exten => _011.,1,Dial,IAX2/aBcdEfgH at voicepulse/${EXTEN}
exten => h,1,Hangup
exten => i,1,Hangup
exten => t,1,Hangup

Example iax.conf:

[general]
port=5036
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
jitterbuffer=no

; Put the next line in if you have an incoming DID from VoicePulse
register => in-aBcdEfgH:iJKLmNoP at gw5.voicepulse.com

[voicepulse]
context = voicepulse-in
secret=iJKLmNoP
auth=md5
type=friend
host=gw5.voicepulse.com

To make and receive calls we'll probably need some kind of SIP phone.
The following sample sip.conf should serve as a good template:

[general]
port = 5060
disallow = all
allow = ulaw