[Asterisk-Users] Prefix the * character

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Mon Dec 8 03:17:15 MST 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 10:57:33PM -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> Prefix is an older application which was more useful prior to being
> able to manipulate variables (the days of BYEXTENSION instead of
> ${EXTEN}).  Instead, do:
>
> Dial(SIP/*${EXTEN}@fwd.pulver.com)

I have a smilar problem : I have a default context for an interface,
where I'd like to prefix all incoming calls DID numbers (basically,
the telco sends the last 4 digits dialed, I want to fully qualify my
E164 number before doing extensions processing).

I don't know much (yet!) about Asterisk, so I thought something like

exten => s,1,Prefix(3312345)
include => my_local_e164_extensions

would do the trick. Unfortunatly, if the ${EXTEN} was 6060 at that
time, I get a new extension as s6060 (instead of 33123456060). Is it
supposed to be this way ?

So instead I had to do something like

exten => _XXXX,1,Prefix(3312345)
include => my_local_e164_extension

which works fine, except that now I'm at the "2" level in the context,
and I had to modify my_local_e164 extension context accordingly.

Does somebody know of a better way to do it ?

Thanks.
--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive