IAXTel Info (was RE: [Asterisk-Users] IaxTel seems down)

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun Dec 7 13:14:27 MST 2003

> Good, glad to hear things are better. Without getting into too much techie
> detail, what was the root problem?

There was just race that I introduced a while back.  If calls came in
while a reload was taking place in IAX2, bad things would happen.  Now
it's fixed.  Originally I was thinking it had to do with SIP to IAX2
conversion but this ended up not being the case.

However, in order to make iaxtel as scalable as possible, it still would
be best to have iaxtel strictly act as an IAX2 soft switch.  We're also
working to improve the ability to have iaxtel know about other VoIP
providers so that we can provide a single peering exchange for everyone
within flat E.164 address space.  This work is sponsored greatly by
VoicePulse who has donated equipment to the project.

Mark