[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Maint.

Nick Bachmann asterisk at not-real.org
Sun Dec 7 08:55:11 MST 2003

> What kind of stability / reliability are people currently experiencing
> with the Linux / Asterisk combination?  We will be running 3-10 SIP
> phones from India to US using nothing more than regular cable / dsl
> connections from both locations.

People have had months of uptime.  I would be more concerned with the
reliability of your DSL/Cable reliability.  You should also use a
Bandwidth calculator (like http://www.packetizer.com/iptel/bandcalc.html)
to figure out how much bandwidth you're going to need and compare that to
how much will be available.
> Also, what make / model SIP phone do you recommended that would allow
> us to configure the phones to work on alternate ports (or is this a
> standard configuration option on most SIP phones) ?

Most do.  I would reccomend Grandstream phones for your application,
because they're cheap, easy, and tested with Asterisk.
Nick