[Asterisk-Users] IaxTel seems down

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Dec 6 16:43:43 MST 2003

Mark,

> > I cannot connect to IAX1 either
>
> We are phasing out support for IAX1.  Are the people who still *need*
> IAX1?

Given that iax2 has been around and stable for a rather lengthy period,
I would doubt there is any real need for it other then to coordinate production
systems that "can't" be changed on a whim.

Would have probably been more appropriate to at least announce that iax was
going to disappear at some specific date, as opposed to folks randomly
discoverying it and chasing problems. (Kind of related to why there isn't
a marketing plan.)

Rich