[Asterisk-Users] some success with linux 2.6 and wcfxo

Tristan 'Minty' Colgate minty at deadweb.net
Sat Dec 6 07:06:23 MST 2003

Hi ,

  I picked up a x100p the other day and thaught I'd havea  go at getting the
driver going for linux 2.6, things have gone pretty, two basic problems.

1. makefiles, with 2.6 you can't get away with using the old makefile to build
the kernel modules, they will build but you'll get an error along the lines of
"no module found in object". This is due to not using the new 2.6 kbuild stuff.
I have a working makefile for building the modules now, it's mostly just a case
of setting up an obj-m target with all the modules in and building with...

make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=`pwd` modules

 A few of the modules (the torisa and tor2 ones come to mind), don;t build at
all. The others will build but...

2. Interrupt return values now need to be given, if you convert the interrupt
handlers to return irqreturn_t, and return IRQ_HANDLED or IRQ_NONE as
appropriate (I mostly just guessed here as to whether the driver had done
anything useful, not terribly accurate, but it got things going).

  Without this you get reports of spurious interrupt return values and all
other kinds of nasty stuff happens.

3. The module useage stuff is deprecated so currently the modules get marked as
unsafe for unloading, this isn't a problem in basic functionality terms though.

  So building zaptel.ko and wcfxo.ko then insmod'ing those and ztcfg and
everthing seems to be up and running, don't know how stable it is really but I
can make inbound and outbound calls, all the signalling and alarams stuff seems
to be picked up.

  I'd like to thank everyone on #asterisk for all the support they gave to a
fellow linux enthusiast... absoutely none.

--
Tristan 'Still Running 2.6, so there :P' Colgate
<minty at deadweb.net> | ICQ #154577755