[Asterisk-Users] CallWaiting CallerID

Isamar Maia isamar at isamarmaia.org
Sat Dec 6 15:13:44 MST 2003

> Hi all,
>
> In order to get the CallerID from PSTN (X100P) I have modified callerid.c
> file like that:
>
> callerid.c [line 256]
>
> from:
> case 3: /* Number (for Zebble) */
> /*case 3: Number (for Zebble) */
>
> Without this modification my own number was displayed as the inoming call
> CallerID.
>
> Now I want to go further.
> I have activated CallWaiting support on the POTS line.
> When someone calls and I am in another PSTN call, the displayed CallerID is
> "asterisk".
>
> How can callerid.c file be changed in order to correctly display CallerID
> information during CallWaitiing?

One question that I would add to yours is:
the caller id functionality with X100P is completely software
based or there is some hardware based feature working to make it
possible?
I'm still working with NTT Japanese functionality described in
english at
http://www.ntt-east.co.jp/gisanshi/analog/edit5e.pdf

Isamar