[Asterisk-Users] GrandStream Budgetone Phone & DHCP & General Observations

Uriel Carrasquilla uriel at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 5 23:29:17 MST 2003

Nicolas:
yes, please send me the firmware.
Regards,
Uriel

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Nicolas
Bougues
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 11:18 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] GrandStream Budgetone Phone & DHCP &
General Observations

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 10:42:02AM -0500, Glenn Dalgliesh wrote:
> Symptom: Phone after about 15mins will stop functioning
> Problem: DHCP lease renewed but default route dropped
> Fix: Assign a static ip and problem is resolved. Upgrade to new firmware
once it is released

> It turn's out that these phones have a few issue in 1.0.3.81
> firmware. The phone may stop transmitting packets if configured with
> DHCP, if DHCP is being provided by certain devices. Netopia routers
> have been confirmed in this category. It turns out that there is
> some differences btw the implementation of DHCP btw different vendor
> and this is causing the phone to loose it default route and stop
> transmitting packets approx 15mins after the phone receives it's
> lease after reboot. GrandStream says this will be fixed in the next
> release.

Interesting. We have 6 GS phones, one is 1.0.3.81 and has this
behaviour, the others, 1.0.4.17 are ok. The DHCP server is Linux
dhcpd.

In a remote office, they have an Allied Telesyn router providing DHCP,
and all the phones, no matter the version, work well.

On a slightly different topic : does somebody know of a NAT-friendly
(as Grandstream means it) tftpd server ? It seems theirs replies from
port 69, which is the only thing their phones will accept.

[ If anybody wants it, I can send the 1.0.4.17 firmware by email ].
--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive