[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk freezing HELP

TeleSIP ricvil at telesip.net
Fri Dec 5 14:25:41 MST 2003

Running multiple boxes with RH7.3 and RH9.

They all freeze every few days and always when processing an inbound SIP
call.  Sometimes it will freeze 5 times in a row when processng a SIP call
from the same user.

We have been unable to reproduce this so no bug has been opened.

The only suspicious thing is that they always seem to freeze when the SIP
channel is right around this line:
                if (pkt->owner->owner) {
                        /* XXX Potential deadlocK?? XXX */
                        ast_queue_hangup(pkt->owner->owner, 0);
                        ast_mutex_unlock(&pkt->owner->owner->lock);

And as you can see somebody did put in that "deadlock" comment already so
they must suspect something is up.

Regards,
Andres