[Asterisk-Users] XBOX as and * Dedicated Server

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Dec 5 12:38:31 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 09:53, Bryan Nolen wrote:
> Picture this though - a rack of XBOX's running as SIP/IAX/IAX2 application
> servers and some sweet one RU Dell's as POTS servers ... hmmmmmm

Can you say lame as hell. In the same space as an Xbox you could buy a
shuttle with a P4 chip in it. Or better yet you could just purchse some
supermicros with dual cpu in a 1u and not need additional connections.

There would have to be much better justification to using an crappy
700mhz machine to get me to waste my rack space for it. But I thought it
was cool as shit to watch Mark play with it at Phreaknic.