[Asterisk-Users] Channelbank Recomendation and GS102 question

Harry McGregor hmcgregor at espri.arizona.edu
Fri Dec 5 12:38:49 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 10:18, Walker Haddock wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 08:15:21PM -0500, Jim Flagg wrote:

I know that Time Warner Telecom (www.twtelecom.com) also provides a
mixed data/voice burstable PRI T1 with their VersiPak service.  I have
installed a number of both channelized/channel banked VersiPaks and one
PRI versipak (though it was not with Asterisk, it's connected to an
InterTel system).  The non-PRI based versipak is a bit cheaper, but you
don't get the PRI abilities.  They will do channelized hand over via T1
or will break out to POTs for you.

It's really a nice product, and well priced.  For one client, we picked
up a 12 Voice channel/ 768K Internet PRI with data burstable almost all
the way to 1.544mbit based on voice channel use.  Voice hand over was
via a single PRI, and data hand over was via fast eithernet.  Pricing
with a 3 year contract was below $800/month, in Tucson AZ.

			Harry