[Asterisk-Users] Internet-to-phone gateway?

Carl Youngblood carl at ycs.biz
Thu Dec 4 23:35:13 MST 2003

Okay, I'm an asterisk newbie, so forgive me if this is really obvious,
but I'm wondering if there are services out that would let me simply
hook up an asterisk server to the internet and make as many outbound
calls as I wanted to for a monthly fee of some sort.  In other words, I
just have a server with an internet connection and someone else
provides the internet-to-phone gateway.  Come to think of it, would
asterisk even be needed for this kind of a solution?  Does anybody do
this?

Thanks,
Carl Youngblood