[Asterisk-Users] Echo problem on conferencing....no analog interfaces

Tom Lowe tom at comprotech.com
Thu Dec 4 22:26:00 MST 2003

Now that actually brings up an interesting aspect.   "My" echo canceller
(the one at my end) would prevent the far end from hearing echo...so if
I don't have a canceller at my end, they would hear echo!  And, on a
local call, there's really no need to have an echo canceller...so I
guess that makes sense.

It still doesn't explain why one of the other two callers (both
accessing the conference exactly the same way) has echo and the other
doesn't.

I guess I just have to live with the fact that mixing VoIP calls and TDM
calls on the same conference will simply have problems.  I assume there
are no other echo suppression settings that anyone can suggest.

Tom

Tom Lowe, President/CTO
Compro Technologies, Inc.
512 South Main Street