[Asterisk-Users] Carrier Access Channel Bank Setup -- No hangup

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Thu Dec 4 13:59:43 MST 2003

--
Jonathan Moore
Director of Technology
Winfield Public Schools
Office 620.221.5100
Fax 620.221.0508

Quoting Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>:

> On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 13:42, Jonathan Moore wrote:
> > Quoting Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>:

> 1
> > > channel
> help
> > > from

> detected.
> > > *
> > >
> > > You need to get disconnect supervision on you phone lines. Nothing short
> > > is probably going to work for you.
> > >

> > Formerly I was using a single line FXO card from Digium and it worked
> perfectly
> > with kewl start signalling. Does this still mean I need to get disconnect
> > supervision from the telco? Just changing from ls to ks in configs doesn't
> seem
> > to have any affect.
>
> Where you using the busydetection and I forget what the other one is? If
> so, you can probably turn them on for these channels as well and get it
> to work again.

No I wasn't using either before (unless they default) I didn't have either
keyword in the file and it seems to detect hangup better. Only former issue with
single fxo card was, if I dialed through to an extension and hung up before
answer the extension would continue ringing for 5 seconds after hangup.

With keywords on it now seems to take 30 seconds for the call to clear if I
hangup in main directory. I will have to test ...

Takes about 8 seconds for internal phone to stop ringing. Line doesn't clear for
another 30-60 seconds. Won't this cause major havic in voice mail? Better yet
tieing up lines?

> > > doesn't
> > > call
> > >
> > > Do any of the phone lines ring? Sounds like you have one of the AB1's
> > > that are known to get burnt out ring generators.
> >
> > Is there a way to definitively test the ring generators on the channel
> bank?
>
> Outside of verifying the switches and jumpers are right, and then seeing
> if the ringers work when dialed, not that I know of.

Anyone know the correct jumper settings for an access bank one. I am going off
of what is posted at

http://www.billheckel.com/asterisk/cac.html
I think this setup assumed 2 fxs cards.

Visit Winfield Public Schools at http://usd465.com