[Asterisk-Users] Experiences with Fedora 1

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Dec 4 10:41:41 MST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Scott Stingel wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> Over the past week or two, I've been trying out asterisk under Fedora 1
> Linux (RedHat).  In my setup (single and dual Xeon motherboards), I have so
> far had a very good experience in terms of performance.  In doing E1 load
> testing, I've found that Fedora handles heavy load much better than RedHat9,
> probably because of its better use of the multi-threading capabilities of
> the Xeon.
>
> Before I deploy Fedora to customer sites, though, I'm interested in other
> people's experience with Fedora.  If you're using Fedora, please tell us:
> what's been your experience?

So far, it has been great. Only minor issue I ran into was with installing
Vmware, where it requires the same compiler that is used to build the
kernel. I had to download a couple of additional RPMs to solve that
problem, but it was a comparative cake walk. Fedora gets the Thumbs Up
from me!

                             KP-216-121-ST