[Asterisk-Users] ringing

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Dec 4 10:22:52 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Wallace" <twallace_list at touchstonetel.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 11:36 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] ringing

> I get 2 ringing sounds when placing a SIP call through my carrier.  the
> first sounds European for 1 ring then, it goes to a US ring.
>
> Any thoughts?

It sounds like you're receiving ringback from your local asterisk first.
Then, somewhere along the progress, your asterisk receives an open channel
and connects you to the sip carrier. At this point, the carrier's channel is
not complely established, so you are getting ringback from them.

(Just a theory, but it makes sense in my head.)

-----
Andrew Thompson
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how
restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions
stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.