[Asterisk-Users] how can i play a sound file over the paging system when the phone rings?

listbox at adamsbrothers.com listbox at adamsbrothers.com
Thu Dec 4 08:27:58 MST 2003

i'd like to be able to set up an extension, that when it rings, it will
dial the console, have it auto answer and play my sound file.

what im trying to accomplish is to use my paging system for an external
ringer as well.  im pretty sure i can get the other parts set up if just
knew how to get the console to play my sound file when a specific
extension rings.  i already have the console set to auto answer, and my
overhead paging works well.

thanks,

jeff