[Asterisk-Users] PREPAID APPLECATION

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Wed Dec 3 08:44:07 MST 2003

No, Cisco has their priorities just fine.  Companies are in business to
make money.  Not to give things away.

When I have a problem with a piece of Cisco equipment, it is answered
promptly and accurately, nearly 100% of the time.  I have SmartNet on
all of the devices for which I expect this service.

Cisco documents are property of Cisco.  Many of them require a CCO
account to access, and there are varying levels of CCO access.  Many
"newer" technologies are initially available to all with a CCO login
until their maturity and complexity reaches a point where Cisco makes a
specialty for them, at which time those documents and new ones on the
subject are sometimes no longer available to just anyone with a CCO
login.  Cisco also maintains and updates their documents on an as-needed
basis.

Storing copes of their documents on your own web site for public use
defeats their ability to do all of these things.

And if you want to argue that much of this is done just to charge you
more money, you are correct.  Cisco is an enterprise infrastructure
company.  Not a home user/home office/small office outfit where you can
call up and talk to a 17 year old with a script for "help" when you have
a problem.  To get real support costs money.  Example: Digium.

Daryl