[Asterisk-Users] Unable to check my voice mails

Balaji NJL bajjeen at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 01:56:55 MST 2003

Hi All,

I am a newb to *. Just configured and lucklily it worked on the first attempt. My setup is on Rh 7.2 and i d/led the build on Dec 1st. i hv installed X-Lite on two of my laptops. i am unable to check my voicemails. when ever i enter my password * prompts me again and again to enter the password. Log shows password error. No clue on whats the the issue.

the following are my config files.

[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context = bogon-calls

[2000]

type=friend
username=2000
secret=qweqwe
auth=md5
host=dynamic
context=from-sip
dtmfmode=inband
mailbox=2000

[2001]

type=friend
username=2001
secret=asdasd
auth=md5
host=dynamic
context=from-sip
dtmfmode=inband
mailbox=2001

extension.conf

[general]

static=yes
writeprotect=yes

[bogon-calls]

exten => _.,1,Congestion

[from-sip]
;2000
exten => 2000,1,Dial(SIP/2000,20)
exten => 2000,2,Voicemail(u2000)
exten => 2000,102,Voicemail(b2000)
exten => 2000,103,Hangup

;2001
exten => 2001,1,Dial(SIP/2001,20)
exten => 2001,2,Voicemail(u2001)
exten => 2001,102,Voicemail(b2001)
exten => 2001,103,Hangup

;2999 Voice mail
exten => 2999,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})

voicemail.conf

[general]

;format=wav
format=gsm

[local]

2000 => 1234,Balaji NJL,root at localhost
2001 => 5678,Ojasvi Sinha,root at localhost

Any idea whats the issue. any help appreciated.

thanks a lot,
-Balaji