[Asterisk-Users] Configuring new system for a non-profitorganization

Tim Thompson tthompson at amatechtel.com
Tue Dec 2 14:39:33 MST 2003

What they are probably marketing is putting in their own equipment out
there.  I install a product that does exactly that.  A paradyne jet
fusion.  It takes care of the part of which channels are data and which
are voice.

If it's anything like these, the lines will come out on pairs.  You will
then have to use channelbank and FXO/FXS cards to get it into your phone
system.

The jet Fusion FXO part is still in beta, so we have to drop off FXS.
You can find tons of FXS channelbanks for cheap on Ebay.  FXO's are much
harder to come by, so try and get them to drop them off FXO so you can
channelbank in FXS.  Besides, if they deliver via FXO, you can get DID's
on there.  8-)

You can still use your T100P card, but it will plug into a channelbank
instead of Qwest.

Also, depending on how many lines they are going to use coming in, you
will be able to use 24-(incoming lines) for ADSI phones or POTS phones
for fax machines, regular phones, etc.

Tim Thompson
Commercial Sales Engineer
http://www.amatechtel.com