[Asterisk-Users] Configuring CISCO IP 7940 for *

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Dec 2 14:25:08 MST 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, tony  banks wrote:

> I have 1 IP 7940 with the following Firmware versions
>
> App Load ID:
>
> P00303011201
>
> Boot Load ID:
> PCO303010001
>
> Version
>  3.1(12.1)

Sounds like a Skinny image to me (and an old one, around CCM 3.1, too.)
You can either get a SIP image from cisco and flash your phone with that
or try one of asterisk's Skinny channels:

- chan_skinny comes with asterisk CVS, is quickly setup, quite stable and
  provides basically no features except placing and receiving simple calls
- chan_sccp supports multiple lines, softkey templates, fastdial buttons,
  but it may segfault more easily and you'll have to download it from
  http://www.zozo.org.uk/pages.shtml?page=sccp

Both are not really "production quality" right now, so you'd probably be
better off flashing your phone with either MGCP or SIP Firmware.

OTOH, your firmware is old enough to not require a signed firmware image.
So you could theoretically port an IAX stack to the phone ;-)

HTH,
	Siggi