[Asterisk-Users] Strange Behavior!

Deron Wilkerson deron at express-title.com
Tue Dec 2 14:32:02 MST 2003

I've setup asterisk on a Dell Poweredge 1300 Server. PIII 600, 500mb
Ram, SCSI HD's. It is running Fedora Core 1. I have 3 X100P cards and 6
Grandstream IP phones.

Everything works but the sound quality with the FXO cards is poor. Static and
choppiness. It works great between the IP phones.

The only way I can get good sound quality with the FXO cards is to
start * while in a terminal window in X windows. Close the terminal
window. Close X. Then reconnect to * using asterisk -vvvvgcr from the
command line.

Very strange but a true story. I would appreciate any help with this
behavior. It makes me a little nervous using * when it requires this to
work right. Thanks in advance for any help.