[Asterisk-Users] Configuring new system for a non-profit organization

Jim Flagg flaggj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 11:43:23 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Welter" <mike at introspect.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 12:36 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Configuring new system for a non-profit organization

> Hi,
>
> The PBX at the Colorado Organization for Victims' Assistance fried as a
> result of the building power being cycled.  I'm now in the process of
> building an * system to replace the failed PBX.  Minimum cost is the
> priority.
>
> I have a T100P card installed in the new system, and I am about to order
> integrated T1 services from the "CBeyond" company.  They will require
> eight voice channels and at least eight data (they presently have DSL.)
>   The rep. says that for the same cost ($520/mo) they will get all 24
> channels as data--the channels are dynamically allocated.  As each voice
> call is initiated, a channel will be pulled from data and used for voice.
>
> Can the T100P handle this dynamic allocation?  Or must the channels be
> fixed?
>
> Thank for your help,
> Michael Welter

Michael, unless Cbeyond is doing something different now, they provide a
Cisco IAD as part of their service.  The IAD has an Ethernet port for your
Internet connection and POTs ports to connect to your PBX.  My guess is
that you will have to put a channel bank between their IAD and your T100P.

By the way we had the Cbeyond service and it worked very well.

Jim