[Asterisk-Users] CTI/TAPI

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 2 07:55:22 MST 2003

>I'm a windows developer ready to develop TSP/MSP (TAPI) drivers for
asterisk PBX .... but i searched a little >more support to develop these
drivers ...
>unfortunatly i have to develop the drivers commercially because i will need
to hire a asterisk "freak" to explain >me in detail how everything works on
the side of asterisk so i can implement in the most secure and correct >way
a TAPI driver on a windows platform for asterisk running on linux (which
will for example do his >communication with the manager API). but i think we
will need to do some additional development of the >manager API
This is quite interesting, I spent a few hours researching this on the
week-end
The manager interface will *never*  support the functionality required for a
TSPI ...
& we dont want it to either manager should stay its nice simple self
We need to write TSPIMgr on *...the windows side of this effort, will just
be a wrapper on calls
to the TSPI provider win32 dll api's. At present there are also concepts
present in TAPI/TSAPI
that do now have corresponding functionality in * at the granularity
required. A lot of it is there
but we certainly need to invent some constructs, as opposed to simpily
mapping a TSPI call to
a native * api call once we receive the socket message request.

Each TSPI required interface is just going to be a msg that gets sent over a
socket call to the new * TSPIMgr.
The win32 side will manage state, the required strucs, perculate the events,
& interface to *.

I would be willing to work with you on the project,
I am sure it will be in the order of 2-3 man months its not rocket science,
but is certainly not trivial....

ps. we may have the a opportunity to use the www.julmar.com kit...as open
src lets keep our fingers
crossed on that, it would realy reduce the time spent on the win32 side

you can contact me off list if you like ...

thx tim