[Asterisk-Users] How to restart * thru phone "when convenient"

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Dec 2 06:44:53 MST 2003

Hi there,

here is my attempt to initiate a "restart when convenient" from a
software SIP phone.

exten => 588,1,Answer
exten => 588,2,Wait(1)
exten => 588,3,Playback(restart-convenient)
exten => 588,4,Wait(1)
exten => 588,5,Authenticate(00000)
exten => 588,6,System(/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "restart when convenient")
exten => 588,7,Hangup

The problem: We never reach the "convenient" state because the SIP client
will stay connected until priority 6 has been executed - so I locked
myself in basically. Any suggestion how to accomplish this? With "restart
now" there is no problem, but that's not what I want...

BTW: Where exactly is the difference between Hangup and Softhangup()?

Cheers, Philipp