[Asterisk-Users] 3x AVM Fritz!Card PCI for a EuroISDN PBX.

Grzegorz Nosek blackfire at metal.art.pl
Mon Dec 1 07:18:57 MST 2003

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:15:38 +0100, Peer Oliver schmidt wrote
> David M. Wilson wrote:
>
> > Hi there!
> >
> > I'm currently considering various PBX solutions for our office
telephone
> > network, and would very much like to use Asterisk. Currently, my
> > research is incomplete. I have been recommended to use the above
cards,
> > but it is unclear from my Googling whether my configuration will work:
> >
> >    - 3x Fritz!Card PCI's in one host.
>
> As far as I know, AVM only allows a single Fritz!Card PCI in
> a PC. I /think/ there is a patch out there to allow more
> than one. Search the archives to find out more.
>
> I am sure, you will get better results by putting in an
> active card. Either AVM or EICON. I have /heard/ the EICON
> cards are preferable because of the on board echo cancellation
> --
> Best regards
>
> Peer Oliver Schmidt
> the internet company

I'm using two Fritz!Cards in one box without any problems (yes, a
patch was required iirc but I found it quite easily via google...
somewhere on isdn4linux.de methinks). It works as a router/nat,
iax->pstn gateway, mail server, nfs (/home) and smb file server and
php+mysql app server for about a dozen clients. It worked for quite a
time on a p2/400 but we're currently moving it to a celeron/1700 as
the db is getting bigger.

No asterisk related problems whatever, except for dead channels left
sometimes (to clear them reliably, we need to shut down * and restart it).

My 0.02PLN
 Grzegorz Nosek