[Asterisk-Users] call waiting disable in sip

Walker Haddock whaddock at datacrest.com
Mon Dec 1 06:48:42 MST 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 03:33:50PM +0200, Anton Yurchenko wrote:
> I have a problem, when caller is in Queue and the operator is busy
> answering other call he/she still hears the call waiting signal.
> I have the latest cvs and incominglimit is set to 1. But here is what *
> shows when the operator is answering ( that is his phone is busy):
>
> Username        incoming        Limit           outgoing        Limit
> 107             0               1               0               1
>
> and operator is getting a call waiting tone.
> Coould I be missing something?
>
> here is my sip.conf:
>
> [107]
username=107   // this is required for chan_sip.c to find the username.
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> dtmfmode=rfc2833                ; Choices are inband, rfc2833, or info
> defaultip=172.22.0.137
> mailbox=201             ; Mailbox for message waiting indicator
> callerid="ipphone1" <201>
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
> incominglimit=1
> outgoinglimit=1
>
> extensions.conf is very simple. it just calls Queue:
>
> exten => 101, 1, Queue(phila)

Put the `username` parameter in your stanza of the sip.conf for the device.  This is necessary for the incominglimit code to find the device that is making the call.  If you look in your `debug` logs you'll probably see that the `user` variable is null.

********   DataCrest, Inc. -- Technically Superior   ******************
Walker Haddock                       http://www.datacrest.com
DataCrest, Inc.                    e-mail:  wh at datacrest.com
1634A Montgomery Hwy.    phone:  1-888-941-3282, 1-205-335-8589
Birmingham, AL 35216                  fax:  1-205-823-7838