[Asterisk-Users] Unified Messaging Support ?

wasim at convergence.com.pk wasim at convergence.com.pk
Sun Aug 31 19:28:29 MST 2003

On Tue, 1 Sep 2003, Tarun  Banka wrote:

> One quick question. Does anyone has experience implementing
> unified messaging (UM) using Asterisk. Does Asterisk has support
> for UM ?

Not really. Half of it works. If you mean by UM (Voicemail integrated to
your email box, and then send an SMS/Page etc to you) then its all doable.

The problem happens when you want to bring fax into the picture.  That
cannot be handled currently, as in, * can't take a fax, and route it to
your email as a PDF.

But, you could use a third-party fax thingamajig and I'm sure connect it
to * for a good UM solution.

--
wasim