[Asterisk-Users] Difference between Cisco 7940/7940G, 7960/7960G

Jason Ross jason at bodgie.org
Sun Aug 31 12:38:09 MST 2003

Mike,

On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 04:22  pm, Mike Ciholas wrote:

> I'm shopping for good deals on Cisco phones. Forgive my
> ignorance, but I spent over an hour at Cisco's web site and
> Google trying to find a definitive statement as to the
> differences between a 7940 and 7940G phone.  Anybody know?
>
> Should I prefer the "G" and why?

Don't know the answer to this one, I get the impression that it has a
few minor hardware revisions.

> Related question, is the 7960 worth so much more than the 7940?
> Has only 4 more buttons that I can see.  Anything else under the
> hood that makes it worth that?

The SIP code is the same for the two phones, as far as I can see the
only difference is the 4 extra lines you can configure. I've got a
couple of 7940 phones and one SNOM 100, I think I'll be sticking with
the Cisco product as it seems to be more reliable and generally just
works better.

HTH,

Jason