[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Users] ATA 186 & DynExtenDB (query extensions vía sql)

CW_ASN cw_asn at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Aug 31 12:10:20 MST 2003

> DynExtenDB is absolutely the wrong way to deal with dynamic extensions
> in Asterisk.  Yes, it may function, but it will not scale.

That is the problem... isn't scalable, doesn't fit for me.

> a reload doesn't drop any service...I asterisk -rx 'reload' production
> boxes dozens of times per day.

In fact, yesterday Brian teach me the -rx.
I was thinking in something like this:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk reload
Stupid, ah? Since today, I'm using -rx "extensions reload" in php scripts.

> Karl Putland and myself worked on a MySQL based switch, but stopped
> working on it because we had no real motivation behind our work and we
> never decided to really pester 'the man' about getting answers to our
> (mainly Karl's) questions.
Ok, I agree with you, present implementation of Asterisk is excellent, but
would be more comfortable (for many people, and me) to handle the content of
extensions.conf in mysql. I believe that it is good idea gives to Asterisk
all possible features.

> If you have the proper motivation, I'm sure Karl or myself could free
> ourselves up to solve those problems that we gave up so easily on before.
I still thinking that sql services maybe the definitive solution to all
routing stuff. I'm not a C wizard, but I think that I could help. At least
in some points. :)

> Jeremy McNamara

Thanks, Jeremy.

Gus