[Asterisk-Users] Installation Problem

Keith Tucker asterisk at kiamichi.net
Sat Aug 30 22:08:10 MST 2003

Phil,

A while back I had the same probs trying to compile * on RH 8.  I was sure that
I had the kernel sources and OpenSSL ahd Readline and their appropriate
development packages on my box.  I went ahead and downloaded the RPMs for the
kernel sources and the OpenSSL and Readline packages and the development
packages and forced then to reinstall and then everything compiled fine.  I am
not sure what package system Dedian uses  (as opposed to RH's rpm packag
install) but you might want to download the kernel development, OpenSSL and it's
development and Readline and it's development packages for your version of
Debian and try to reinstall all of  them.  I am running the RH distro kernel,
and everything works fine.  I think your problem with compiling the * sources is
that there is just something missing in the kernel development or the OpenSSL or
the Readkine packages that are currently on your system.  I am also new to * and
am not a Linux software guru by any means, this just sounded really familiar so
I decided to put in my two cents worth.  I hope this helps.

Keith