[Asterisk-Users] Message-waiting-indicator thru ZAP interfaces - how to?

Sam S asterisk-users at sensecompute.com
Sun Aug 31 00:47:53 MST 2003

I'm trying to make the MWI indicators on my client's Vodavi Starplus
DHS phones work. The actual signalling - in-band DTMF from the ZAP
interfaces directly to the PBX system - works fine. I can manually
tell asterisk to send "#9610" as DTMF and voila, the MWI on extension
10 lights (or goes out.) The question is, how is this integrated with
voicemail, i.e. so that the MWI turns on and off appropriately, when
new messages arrive and after a user has listened to their messages?

I've checked the last two months of mailing-list messages but found
no mention of this situation. Any tips or pointers to online docs
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

P.S. Thanks to Jsmith for the fast, simple answer to my last question
re: version number in CVS not updating.