[Asterisk-Users] Version number not updating after CVS

asterisk-users at sensecompute.com asterisk-users at sensecompute.com
Fri Aug 29 09:10:56 MST 2003

Hello,

I have a RedHat 9.0 box, freshly installed as of about 7/15/03. I
installed * for the first time a day or two after that, then used CVS
to update * on 8/12/03. After that recompile the version info (from
"show version" at the * CLI) was properly updated to: Asterisk
CVS-08/12/03-13:06:43.

I did another CVS checkout / recompile last night, which went fine
(no error messages after a make clean; make install, and the
modification dates on various binaries were updated to yesterday's
date) but Asterisk still shows "Asterisk CVS-08/12/03-13:06:43" when
I do "show version." Any idea why that version # hasn't been updated
after my CVS? It's a bit confusing when trying to figure out/document
what version of * I'm running.

Thanks,

Sam