[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk stops responding

David Harris davidh at webunited.net
Thu Aug 28 11:27:57 MST 2003

>Gazing at the console I was able to determine the exact time Asterisk
>froze.
>Even with DEBGUG on it did not show anything important.   The moment it
>freezes is when a call from Phone1 tries to connect to a SIP Provider
like
>Iconnect:

I have not been able to pin point exactly what event causes the
freeze-up but I have been on the console when it has happened.  It
didn't print out anything interesting.  The call I was on cut off.

>Phone1----Our SIP Server-------Our Asterisk--------SIP Provider

>It was by no means 100% reproducible.  Maybe 1 out of 10 calls caused
the
>trouble.

Same here except I would say more like 1 out of 100 calls.

> A bad symptom would be that the command "show sip channels"
>would show several calls, even though they had hungup a long time ago.

I definitely have this problem.

>Troubleshooting revealed that the BYE message was not being sent by our
SIP
>Server to the Asterisk server upon hangup.  We rectified this and we no
>longer see those phantom SIP Channels and Aterisk has not froze for
about a >week.

What is your "SIP Server" what does it do?  Maybe I have the same issue
with my Cisco Voice Gateway not sending the BYE message sometimes.  But
would this cause asterisk to freeze?

Other "symptoms" I have are these errors in the asterisk messages log
file

Aug 27 09:21:00 NOTICE[1081364]: File sched.c, Line 209 (sched_settime):
Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Aug 27 09:21:24 NOTICE[1081364]: File sched.c, Line 209 (sched_settime):
Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Aug 27 09:21:29 NOTICE[1081364]: File sched.c, Line 209 (sched_settime):
Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Aug 27 09:21:35 NOTICE[1081364]: File sched.c, Line 209 (sched_settime):
Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Aug 27 09:22:05 NOTICE[1081364]: File sched.c, Line 209 (sched_settime):
Request to schedule in the past?!?!

Thanks,
David Harris