[Asterisk-Users] iax.conf order important?

Deon George dgeorge at au1.ibm.com
Wed Aug 27 06:13:46 MST 2003

Is the order important in IAX.CONF?

I DID have this:

[iaxtel]
type=user
host=12.37.165.130
context=iax-caller
callerid="Guest IAX User"
accountcode=iaxuser
;auth=rsa
;inkeys=iaxtel

[other]
host=dynamic
type=friend
context=default
auth=md5,rsa
secret=secret
inkeys=testinkey
outkeys=testoutkey

With this configuration, I was NOT able to receive calls via iaxtel? My
messages log kept saying (everytime I called myself on my 1700 number):

Aug 27 23:01:36 NOTICE[10251]: File chan_iax2.c, Line 4268 (socket_read):
Host 12.37.165.130 failed to authenticate as other

When I reversed the iax.conf file, so that "other" was above "iaxtel", I
could then call myself and saw an "accept UNAUTHENTICATED call ..."
message.

It seems that the "host=" line was ignored and assumed that the incoming
call from iaxtel should have been authenticated using the "other" stanza.
Does that mean that all incoming authenticated calls will be defined as
per the "iaxtel" stanza? Shouldnt I be able to create stanzas for each
incoming call from other "defined" iax servers?

Also, it seems that the auth=rsa and the key wouldnt work (I didnt get any
incoming connections from iaxtel)? Is that right? Do I have a dud key - or
does iaxtel not try and authenticate with it?

...deon
---
Have you looked at the A/NZ Tivoli User Group website?
http://www.tuganz.org

Deon George, IBM Tivoli Software Engineer, IBM Australia
Office: +61 3 9626 6058, Fax: +61 3 9626 6622, Mobile: +61 412 366 816,
IVPN +70 66058
mailto:dgeorge at au1.ibm.com, http://www.ibm.com/tivoli