[Asterisk-Users] Chan_h323 does not seem to send the destimation number to gateway

Steven Thomas vcsteven at au1.ibm.com
Tue Aug 26 22:00:23 MST 2003

Continuing my problems with h323.  I think I am getting closer.

SJPhone works direct to the gateway - calls and answers fine on the pstn.
So the gateway is working.

Inbound calls from PSTN => Gateway => Asterisk => Phone work great!

Outbound from Asterisk => Gateway => PSTN still remains a problem.

The debug stuff on the gateway receives the call signal from asterisk - but
does not receive the number to call - its errors with callID is -1 (nothing
to call)

Any ideas for the correct format to use within extenensions.conf for
outbound phone number via chan_h323 and a gateway?

h323 works fine if it is just an IP address that it is calling, ie, a
softphone.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Steven Thomas