[Asterisk-Users] 0 out of voicemail to different secretaries

Brad Bergman bradley at bergman.ca
Tue Aug 26 16:50:38 MST 2003

> I hope your schedule and motivation leads you to look into this further
> as it will be important for us. We will be converting fully to * as
> soon as we can satisfy internal users that * can handle our
> requirements.
>
> Please let me know if I can help with testing.

I've put an updated patch at
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000156

to let a mailbox owner override the default destination for 0-ing out of
voicemail, and add an additional destination for 7-ing out of voicemail, for
a cell phone number, a coworker, or something. More explanation in the bug
notes.

Still, in this case this might not be necessary . . .

> > by putting engineering, accounting, etc in different contexts, and
> > setting
> > different "o" extensions for them.
>
> This does not appear to be an alternative since a channel is assigned a
> context before the call is made, not after the number is dialed so the
> dialed number does not establish the context. So putting phones (or
> channels) in different contexts would only help if the context can be
> changed during a call.

You should be able to do something like this:

[main]

exten => 2368,1,Goto,engineering|2368|1
exten => 2369,1,Goto,accounting|2369|1

[engineering]

exten => 2368,1,Dial (some engineer)
exten => 2368,2,VoiceMail,u2368

exten => o,1,Dial (the engineering secretary)

[accounting]

exten => 2369,1,Dial (some accountant)
exten => 2369,2,VoiceMail,u2369

exten => o,1,Dial (the accounting secretary)