[Asterisk-Users] Dialed Number Identification in analog hunt group

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Tue Aug 26 14:55:04 MST 2003

Does anyone out there know if it is possible to discover the dialed
number when a line in an analog hunt group rings?  I can't get a
straight answer from our IT folks. We have a 5ess switch delivering 4
analog lines which are in a simple hunt group servicing our lab.  I
would like to have a different call attendant based on which number is
dialed so that I can route the calls to the appropriate group.  I know
that Asterisk can easily do this once I have the information to pass
into the dial plan.  The problem is getting the information.  While I
know that this is possible with T1, it is, unfortunately, a bit overkill
for 4 lines. Anyone have any suggestions?