[Asterisk-Users] More questions. Call Waiting and Threeway

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Tue Aug 26 09:36:42 MST 2003

I can't do threeway from my Grandstream phone. Looking through the server
config files, I figured out why - zapata.conf has Threeway turned off for
the channels I use.

I do my work on someone else's Asterisk box and don't want to modify
zapata.conf for several reasons, the biggest being that the guy who owns
the box has a couple clients using it and I am deathly afraid of breaking
something (plus, I'm still not up to speed on the hardware/telco end of
the setup - all of the work I'm doing is with software).

Is there any way to control whether three-way and caller ID are enabled
per-call or per-SIP-phone? What I'd like to do is, for example, be able to
dial *70 from my SIP phone to turn off call waiting, or be able to enable
three-way on a per-phone basis.

I don't know what's on the other side of the Zap channels (i.e. PRI, CT-1,
whatever), but if it makes a difference, I can find out.

--
JustThe.net Internet & Multimedia Services
22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950