[Asterisk-Users] * server based Phonebook

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Aug 26 06:30:30 MST 2003

Well, if you just wish to store a phonebook database, it's trivial.
however, as retyping address of called party from a phonebook to
a SIP devices is an annoyance, many people seek click-to-dial
feature. With c-t-d you don't need to type anything -- the
web application tells your phone to dial the target. That's
where the requirement on phones come from.

-jiri