[Asterisk-Users] SIP and MD5 logins.

Deon George dgeorge at au1.ibm.com
Mon Aug 25 18:45:45 MST 2003

G'day,

I've just downloaded asterisk and having a play with it - its great, good
work gang!

I have a question - I've been playing with X-lite talking with asterisk,
and it appears to work really well. I now want to get the X-lite clients
to login using an MD5 password (so that it isnt cleartext in the
configuration files).

I took my password out of /etc/shadow and used it in the "secret=" part of
sip.conf and also set auth=md5 - but the xlite client wont login. When I
change it back to secret=secret, it does log in.

Am I doing something wrong?

...deon