[Asterisk-Users] Is Asterisk ready for "real" use?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Aug 25 14:05:10 MST 2003

>The Cisco SIP phones have a second voice channel available for a paging
>type of implementation.  Now the problem is simply of finding someone
>and some time to see if it can be made to work with Asterisk.
>
>Ray Burkholder
>One Unified
>519 570 0689 x2002
>

>>  *'s paging solution is a bad solution in light of today's
>>  phone systems.
>>    If you need it anywhere but in a barnyard, you should plan on
>>  selecting a different phone system.  It might work in a Sams, but
>  > certainly not in an office.

No, this is not the case currently with any of the Cisco SIP software
loads that I am aware of.  If you find this to be incorrect, please
let the list know.  Cisco has not deployed much of the featureset in
their SCCP phones (such as paging/intercom) into the SIP phones due
to lack of standards/interest/political capital.

JT