[Asterisk-Users] Any way to distinguish between...

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Aug 25 13:28:11 MST 2003

>a call on which caller ID is unavailable, and a call that's supposed
>to be private?
>
>As a side note, I have a phone on which I have caller ID blocked, but the
>Asterisk server still ends up getting caller ID from that line anyway.
>
>--
>JustThe.net Internet & Multimedia Services
>22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950
>Steve Sobol, Proprietor
>888.480.4NET (4638) * 248.724.4NET * sjsobol at JustThe.net

Not currently.  There are feature requests and a patch in
bugs.digium.com to request at least basic functionality (blocking
caller ID outbound and inbound) but not to make those flags visible
in the Dialplan.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000048
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000052

If you can make a suggestion as to how to make this more generic for
any channels (SIP has a protocol for this, and perhaps H323/MGCP/SCCP
do as well) then please feel free to add it to the feature request.

JT