[Asterisk-Users] te410p with serial console fails with error: TE410P: Double/missed interrupt detected

Mike Ciholas mikec at ciholas.com
Mon Aug 25 07:50:06 MST 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Gavin Hollinger wrote:

> Thanks Mark, Sorry for all the questions, I am treading on
> un-familiar ground here.  Can anyone think of a way to adjust
> how long the serial console holds the interrupt when the kernel
> sends a message?  Anyone know what the purpose of this behavior
> is?

Here are some uneducated thoughts:

1. Make serial port polled instead of interrupt driven?  Majority
of traffic is output that will be buffered.

2. Increase serial port buffer size?  Perhaps problem is so much
serial output that buffer fills up and blocks.

3. Make serial port faster?  Would help drain buffer quicker.
115200 baud is routine, I've seen 460800 baud being used for
embedded Linux on short cables.

4. Is there a way to have a remote console via ethernet?  Won't
help with BIOS settings, but would remove serial port issues.

5. Use different serial port hardware (USB serial dongle, PCI
multiport card, etc) for console.  Switch serial cable to do BIOS
settings if need be.

What BIOS do you have that is serial configurable?  I'm always on
the lookout for that.

--
Mike Ciholas                            (812) 476-2721 voice
CIHOLAS Enterprises                     (812) 476-2881 fax
2626 Kotter Ave, Unit D                 mikec at ciholas.com
Evansville, IN 47715                    http://www.ciholas.com