[Asterisk-Users] T1 to T1 on asterisk?

Mike Ciholas mikec at ciholas.com
Mon Aug 25 07:36:36 MST 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Mark Spencer wrote:

> > Nothing like being on the cutting edge. :-)
>
> Always

The pioneers have arrows in their *fronts*, the cowards have
arrows in their backs!

> > If that is true, then the bits are not mangled by * at all,
> > answering the previous question.  But ISDN is actually
> > *easier* in some ways, no DSP on the samples to recover the
> > modulation.
>
> The trouble with ISDN is specifically that there is no "echo
> cancel disable" tone preceeding the call.

How does the portmaster distinguish between an incoming ISDN call
and incoming analog call?  I know this can be done, my local ISP
can handle ISDN and analog calls on the same phone number and it
must know when the call comes in.

Whatever method the portmaster uses to tell those apart should be
applicable to * to disable the echo cancel.  This might be as
simple as "voice" versus "data" call (is that info provided by
the PSTN?).  Is the echo cancel needed on voice ISDN calls?  I
can live with no support for voice ISDN calls (can imagine why I
would ever get one).

--
Mike Ciholas                            (812) 476-2721 voice
CIHOLAS Enterprises                     (812) 476-2881 fax
2626 Kotter Ave, Unit D                 mikec at ciholas.com
Evansville, IN 47715                    http://www.ciholas.com